Sweat Out; Happiness In!
How to Get Your First Pull-Up!
What's up, Achievers?!
This episode was prompted by one of our IG followers who asked us how they should train for pull-ups. From form to mindset to programming to technique, we've got you covered!
As for the program, here it is written down:
1) Use a band you can perform 8 reps with. We like [Perform Better superbands](https://www.performbetter.com/First-Place-Superbands). We recommend getting a 1 3/4in, 1 1/8in, 3/4in, 1/2in if possible! Add in a 1in and 1/4in if you really want the full set!
2) Use the band you can get 8 reps with, but start at 5 reps.
* Week 1: 3 sets of 5
* Week 2: 4 sets of 5
* Week 3: 5 sets of 5
* Week 4: 3 sets of 6 (deload)
* Week 5: 4 sets of 6
* Week 6: 5 sets of 6
* Week 7: 3 sets of 7 (deload)
* Week 8: 4 sets of 7
* Week 9: 5 sets of 7
* Week 10: 3 sets of 8 (deload0
* Week 11: 4 sets of 8
* Week 12: 5 sets of 8
3) Go down a band size (from 1 3/4in to 1 1/8in for example)
* Week 13: 3 sets of 5 with the new band
4) Rinse and repeat!
We hope you enjoyed this episode! If you did, we’d love you forever if you left a rating and review on iTunes - it seriously helps us out a lot! Please DM us @achievefitnessboston on Instagram if you have any questions you’d like us to answer. Until next time, sweat out; happiness in!
Jason and Lauren
P.S. For a list of free resources as well as more information about our in-person and virtual training services, check out this link: https://www.achievefitnessboston.com/links!
Brought to you by Jason and Lauren Pak of Sweat Out; Happiness In!